1. Visit DSHA – Shadow a current student
- DSHA offers a shadowing program for interested 7th and 8th grade students. Students spend a whole or half day with a current student to get an in-depth experience of the academics, faith life and all-girls environment at DSHA!
- 8thgrade shadow days for the 2016-2017 school year are in the fall. This year's dates are below. Please click to register.
- 7th graders are able to shadow in the Spring of 2017. Registration will open in January.
- Please call (414) 466-3707 if you have any questions.
2. Submit an application
3. Take the entrance exam
- All applicants to DSHA must take an entrance exam at DSHA or another Milwaukee-area Catholic High School
- Entrance Exam Dates: Friday, November 4 or Saturday, November 5
- Check-in begins at 8:00 a.m. (Drop off and pick up at main entrance located in the front of the school.)
- The DSHA Entrance Exam will take place from 8:30 - 11:45 a.m.
- Parents and guardians interested in talking with school administrators are invited to stay for an informational coffee.
- Pre-registration is only required for the Saturday, November 5 Entrance Exam.
- Admissions application needs to be on file at DSHA to take the entrance exam or a $10 testing fee is required.
- Each student should bring 2 (#2) pencils for the exam.
DSHA will request the following information directly from the applicant’s grade school once a completed application is received.
- 7th grade report card
- 8th grade report card
- Standardized test results
- Student Academic Achievement Form
Acceptance is determined by grade school records and student academic achievement forms. Applicants and their parents will be notified of their admissions status by letter in early January.
After acceptance, incoming 8th graders are invited to a Lock-In at DSHA with their new classmates. Academic Orientation and Registration take place in February and the class is welcomed with their first high school dance in May. This event is held in conjunction with Marquette University High School and their incoming freshman students.