7 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday-Thursday; 7 a.m.-3:15 p.m. Friday
- 11,000+ books to support curricular needs as well as recreational reading
- 1,900+ A-V titles in videos, tapes, laserdisks, etc.
- 33 periodical subscriptions and more than 4,000 via the Internet
- Five laptops to loan to students overnight
- Six nooks with fiction titles
- Internet access from 28 student desktop computers; laptop cart equipped with 32 computers, 8 quick look-up computer stations (printing, email and card catalog). The computers are also equipped with Microsoft Office 2007 for production of PowerPoint presentations, spreadsheets or Word documents.
Donated by the Marie Schiffler Ryczek Memorial Trust Fund, 1944 Graduate of Holy Angels Academy
- Teen Health and Wellness--instant online support network for all secondary students.
- Testing and Education Reference Center--provides in-depth information on colleges and programs as well as multiple online practice tests such as ACT, SAT and AP courses, resume building, and electronic books.
- Electronic library catalog for all books and most A-V materials which allows title, author, subject or key word searches.
- Badgerlink offers thousands of magazine & full text newspaper articles, databases, websites via the Internet.
- Biography in Context delivers outstanding research support with nearly a million biographical entries spanning history and geography.
- Poetry and Short Story Reference Center critical essays, full-text stories, author biographies
- SIRS Researcher is an electronic clipping service of full-text articles concerning a wide variety of social issues. Articles originate from newspapers, magazines, journals and government documents.
- SIRS Government Reporter includes government documents from a variety of government agencies, government directories, historic documents and U.S. Supreme Court cases.
- SIRS Renaissance includes current perspectives on the arts and humanities including literature, music, performing and visual arts, cultures, philosophy, architecture and design.
- EBSCO Points of View Reference Center is a full text database designed to provide a series of essays that present multiple sides of a current issue.
- Culture Grams provides insider’s perspectives on daily life and culture plus current local information on 202 countries.
- Testing and Education Resource Center Access to practice tests for ACT, SAT, AP and more; online texts to prepare for tests, search colleges, scholarships
- Teen Health and Wellness Center instant online, support network for all secondary students
- World Religions Online includes an overview of religious groups, videos, topic centers and images
- World and I School is an interdisciplinary online resource in a magazine format with over 4,000 articles.
Ms. Christina Thiele, Director of Library Learning Center
Bachelor’s in business administration, UW-Milwaukee
Master’s in library and informational science - MLIS, UW-Milwaukee
Post Baccalaureate Teacher Certification
At DSHA since 2011
Shannon McKeown, Library Assistant
At DSHA since 2015