Divine Savior Holy Angels High School takes time throughout the day to stop the normal busyness of academics and pray together. Every morning a member of the TSC (Total School Community – faculty, staff and administration) leads the school in a morning prayer, while a student volunteers to share a prayer with the school every afternoon.
The Sisters of the Divine Savior's–DSHA’s sponsoring orders–main offices and chapel are attached to the school building. Students, faculty and staff are welcomed to use the chapel upon request. http://www.sistersofthedivinesavior.org/
Mass at DSHA
Liturgies are an integral part of the DSHA experience. All-school Masses are offered on a monthly basis to celebrate the liturgical seasons and create unity among Dashers. Mass is also offered to students in the SDS chapel during Faith Friday early resource time on the first and third Friday of every month.
Mass Team, a group of students who organize DSHA Masses, meets in Campus Ministry every Tuesday during resource time. Developing students as faithfilled leaders who are engaged in the practice of thier faith is not only an important part of the life of DSHA but also instrumental in preparing them to live thier faith beyond the four walls of high school. Student driven leadership is a big part of that goal.
*New for 2012-2013
First and Third Friday Optional Masses!
11:15 a.m. (First Resource time)
All School/Advancement Masses
• Assumption Mass (optional), Wednesday, August 15, Chapel, 12:00
• Foundation Day, Friday, September 14, Theatre, 10:10 a.m.
• Angel Brunch, Sunday, September 16, Chapel, 9:00 a.m.
• Homecoming Mass, Friday, September 28, Theatre, 10:10 a.m.
• Jubilee Mass, Sunday, October 7, Theatre, 10:00 a.m.
• Open House Mass, Sunday, October 28, Theatre, 9:00 a.m.
• All Saints Day Mass, Thursday, November 1, Theatre, 9:00 a.m.– Bishop Hying
• Mother Daughter Mass, Sunday, November 11, Pfister, 10:00 a.m.
• Our Lady of Guadalupe Mass, Wednesday December 12, Theatre, 10:10 a.m.
• Catholic Schools Week Mass, Friday, February 1, Theatre, 10:10 a.m. – Archbishop Listecki
• Ash Wednesday Mass, Wednesday February 13, Theatre, 10:10 a.m.– Bishop Hying
• St. Joseph’s Day Mass, Tuesday, March 19, Theatre, 10:10 a.m.
• DSHA Auction Mass/Palm Sunday Vigil, Saturday, March 23, Chapel, 4:45 a.m.
• Easter Mass, Firday, April 12, Theatre, 10:10
• Grandparents Day Mass, Wednesday, May 1, 8:00 a.m.
• End of the Year Mass, Friday May 17, Theatre, 10:10
• Baccalaureate Mass, Wednesday, May 22, Theatre, 7:00 p.m. – Bishop Hying
Every Friday during early resource time, students are invited to come to the chapel for optional Mass, student-led prayer services, service experiences, or speakers. Optional Mass takes place every First Friday and Third Friday.
FIRST SEMESTER Faith Friday SCHEDULE
Friday the 31st Service Requirement Explanation in the theater
Friday the 7th Mass in the Chapel
Friday the 14th Fr.Jordan Awareness Week Activity - Mission Trips
Friday the 21st Mass in the Chapel
Friday the 28th Service Team Agency Presentations
Friday the 5th Reunion Weekend Panel
Friday the 12th No School
Friday the 19th Mass in the Chapel
Friday the 26th Student- Led Prayer
Friday the 2nd Freshmen Service Day!
Friday the 9th Thanksgiving Service
Friday the 16th Mass in the Chapel
Friday the 23rd No school
DECEMBER – ADVENT!
Friday the 7th Mass in the Chapel
Friday the 14th Advent Service Experience in the Chapel
Friday the 21st No School
Friday the 4th Mass in the Chapel
A student-organized prayer group that meets once weekly to pray the rosary.
Respect Life Group
The Human Life group promotes a consistent life ethic through opportunities for education, prayer and social action.
Sacrament of Reconciliation
The sacrament of reconciliation is offered to students twice a year during Advent and Lent and upon request of priest after all school liturgies.